Friday, 7 February 2014

School assembly

Another day of wandering and trying out my limited Nepali then off to a school assembley at The British School. So, so funny.

A line of reception age children fill the stage each taking a turn to say something entirely unintelligible and supremely cute into the microphone - something about rainbow fish and love I think. Progress was somewhat faltering as the waiting children were understandably preoccupied with waving at their parents, readjusting their clothes and twirling. One particularly committed lad spent a long time counting the fingers on his left hand and when bored with this went on the perform a series of lunges - undeterred by the fact his friend periodically gave him big hugs throughout. Honestly, I could go to a school assembly every day.

Went to Emma's after school, another teacher at the school who is currently pregnant. Discussed what to expect when going into labour and some coping strategies. No pain relief is available at the hospital apart from an epidural so said I would see if I can buy a TENs machine while in Thailand. Her husband brings us tea and food and we discuss sights to see in Nepal. The Royal palace is open to the public and Emma tells us no Nepali's believe the account that the prince killed his family. Off to Thamil tonight for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment