Ok so earlier smugness at turning self around found to be premature.
Awoke at midday ahhh! Will be setting an alarm tonight! Off for another
wander, todays mission: to find a good substitute for "english tea"; (tea with UHT milk being so so disgusting I have not tried it twice)
Found a little tea shop and chatted to a very friendly girl called Rasni (Very doubtful that is how you spell it but that's what it sounded like.) I told her that her English was amazing. She was very pleased. I told her I knew three words of Nepali. She laughed a lot. I now know two more. Kasto Cha - How are you? Thik Cha - I'm fine. Bought some green tea and some Ilam tea. Tomorrow will hunt for a tea pot.
Off for a wander, got lost walking up a single straight road by missing my turn off. Twice. Getting used to just walking in the road now like everyone else, though crossing the really busy ones by simply stepping out into traffic still feels nuts. Watched some cows amble along the same busy road. They're pretty relaxed. As its illegal to kill a cow in Nepal Ben suggested I should simply take a cow with me whenever I cross the road...he may have a point.
Met up with Anna at The British School where she teaches and went for momo's and massala tea - very nice indeed.
![]() |
| Vegetable momo's, so good! |




Loving the pictures Rosie xxxx
ReplyDelete